Dr. David Hirsch and the team of professionals at Aurora Borealis Orthodontics understand that orthodontic treatment with braces in Aurora ON is an investment of time and money for their patients. They give their patients a thorough understanding of how to get the best outcome from wearing braces.
Best Practices for Braces in Aurora ON
1. Maintain good oral hygiene habits: Wearing orthodontics requires the patient to practice good brushing and flossing regimens. Your orthodontist will instruct you on how to clean your appliances properly and how to floss without interfering with your archwires. While conscientious dental hygiene should already be part of your daily routine, it is important to continuing the habits by brushing after every meal, flossing frequently, and using mouthwash regularly. A dentist’s check-up twice a year is also important.
2. Eat a healthy diet: Because of their construction and position in your mouth, braces do put some limits and what foods you can eat during your treatment. Some types of foods and drinks that you should stay away from are sugary, sticky, chewy, and acidic foods or drinks. Candies, chewing gum, and soda should all be removed from your diet. Crunchy and hard foods can also damage your appliances and should be avoided if possible. Dr. David Hirsch recommends his patients use this opportunity to make some healthy lifestyle and diet changes.
3. Wear a mouthguard: A great way to avoid any chance of your orthodontics breaking while playing sports is to wear a mouthguard. Braces in Aurora ON are tough and strong, and while they are designed to treat and correct dental malocclusions and improve your smile, they can sometimes break. If your brackets break, it can be painful and cause delays in your treatment time. Call your orthodontist as soon as possible so that your braces can be fixed immediately.
4. Talk to your orthodontist: Keep the flow of information between you and your orthodontist open. If you’re feeling discomfort because of your new appliance schedule a visit with your orthodontist in Aurora ON as soon as possible. A simple adjustment to your brackets may be all that is necessary to relieve your pain.
5. Remember to smile: Smiling strengthens the muscles that control your mouth and helps to release good, healthy endorphins. Aurora Borealis Orthodontics says that smiling helps your lips from getting caught in your brackets, too. And it’s great practice for showing off those pearly whites once your braces come off!
Dr. David Hirsch and the team at Aurora Borealis Orthodontics are experts in braces. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, braces and clear braces in Aurora, ON and Forest Hill Village, ON or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. David Hirsch contact Aurora Borealis Orthodontics at: (905) 726-2688